Cinnamon Holiday Quinoa with Turkey Sausage
1 tbsp. oil – olive, grapeseed or olive oil
1 package (about 12 ounces) turkey sausage, cut into ½ -inch cubes
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 tsp. fine sea salt
2 tbsp. chopped sage
1 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 cup organic Quinoa
½ cup crystalized Ginger slices chopped
1 tsp. brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 cups chopped kale, lightly packed
3 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large pot, place 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add sausage, onion, and salt over medium-high heat until the onions turn light brown – about 7-10 minutes.
- Add sage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cider, quinoa, ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ¾ cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork.
- Add chopped kale and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!